11.22.2012

The Fox, The Bear, & The Rabbit

Hello Everyone! 

I'd like to start by wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!! I love this time of year! The excitement of the holidays, the many returning friends and family, the food! I always have to have a piece of pumpkin pie, it's a must for Fall but especially Thanksgiving! My sister makes an amazing pie and I always love a big ol' piece covered in whipped cream! 

I have so much to be thankful for! If I actually tried to count all my blessings, I'm sure I'd lose count! I'm thankful for my husband, my Savior, our families and friends, our jobs, our little home. I feel so blessed to be able to have hobbies and share my them with you! My shop has been another blessing as well! I've gotten to know so many great people on Etsy! I truly enjoy what I do and that is such a blessing indeed! 

~

Have you ever loved one of your design and then become dissatisfied? Lately I've been feeling like my design for the mini's was missing something. So, after much thought and pondering, I decided to return to a more doll-like design like the kitty in the previous post. That's not to say that I won't be making the mini style anymore, on the contrary, I've just added a new design! I loved the new standing design and my imagination ran wild! I think I made 4-6 different animals from the same basic pattern. 

First up, my favorite design: The fox, I love foxes!
The color changes weren't hard at all. On the tail I used some deep single crochets to make it look more natural - hair like.



Second, a little bear:
He really turned out really cute! I have plans for this little guy! I also made a panda and polar bear using this pattern; I have pics but I need to retake them; white is such a hard color to photograph when they are against a white background. *sigh* I'd like to make some with colorful little sweaters or scarves with a pair of trousers! 
Then, third, this blue bunny! I'd like to give her a bow with a collar and a cute basket! 

With this pattern, the animals are about a inch and a half taller than my other designs. So far, I really like how they turned out!  I have a couple now listed in my shop, go take a look around, they'd make cute Christmas presents! ;)

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving! What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving traditions? Do you have a favorite dish that you have to have each year? 

~Denae

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! Please leave your thoughts below~ All comments are moderated, I do try to approve them quickly. Thank you!