10.31.2012

Happy Halloween!


Hello all!! I hope everyone is having a splendid day! :]

Today I'd like to show you one of my "old" designs. 
By "old" I mean one of my originals what has been tweaked so much that I don't even use hardly any pieces of the original pattern.

A Ginger Tabby~ Isn't it a cutie?  The stripes were my sisters idea :]
I love it's tail so I'll probably be incorporating it into my current kitty design.  

The main reason why I shelved this design was the labor-intensive arms, legs, and ears. Making so many little pieces was hard and then trying to sew them on was frustrating. If I was to do it over again, I'd make the body smaller, redo the ears, and use my current head design (which is cuter, imo.) I'd keep the arms; I've learned a few tricks since this design that'll make adding the small pieces easier. 

I debated selling it for a long time; it sat next to me in my crafty area as a constant reminder to make up my mind.  I finally decided to give her a new nose and list her in the shop! 


I hope everyone has a fun and safe Halloween! 

~Denae



4 comments:

  1. Super Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous, Denae! If I were you I'd have a hard time deciding to sell her too :) Cute Cute Cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!! Please leave your thoughts below~ All comments are moderated, I do try to approve them quickly. Thank you!